It is a well-known fact that you cannot fully follow the wider saga of Assassin’s Creed games if you do not consume novels and comics or their summaries online. That part will not change soon either, as Ubisoft has revealed some new materials for Game Informer magazine, mostly in print.
The idea is that Assassin’s Creed fans have content that will shorten their wait until the next game. The new content will cover a range of stories that expand the history of Assassin’s Creed. Here's what's in the plan:
- Assassin’s Creed Fragments - a three-part novel about teenagers who find themselves during a conflict between Assassin and the Templars; the store is located in 19th century Japan, 13th century Scotland and 17th century France
- Assassin’s Creed: The Jade Seal Collection - a series of 10 short stories focused on the Chinese chapter of Creed, will include stories about emperors, legendary fighters, philosophers, and the like.
- Assassin’s Creed: The Ming Storm - a series of books signed by Chinese author Yan Leisheng will follow Chinese Shao Jun from AC Chronicles: China, the first book arrives on June 1, 2021.
- Assassin’s Creed Dynasty - a comic that will follow the adventures of Li E, an assassin on a mission to save the Tang Dynasty from civil war
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Blood Brothers - a comic that follows two brothers, the Vikings, shortly after Eivor’s expedition from AC: Valhalla
- Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla Song of Glory - a prequel story for Valhalla about Vikings Eivor and Sigurd
- Assassin’s Creed: Blade of Shao Jun - a manga about the Chinese Shao Jun, but also about the teenager Lisa who falls into the trap of modern Templars
- Assassin’s Creed: Turbulence in the Ming Dynasty Podcast - an audio story in the form of a podcast follows Shao Jun and Liu Yan in 16th century China
- unnamed Korean comic - will continue the story of Edward Kenway from Black Flag